Thursday, November 15, 2012

Darn it!



I like this top.  The colors are nice.  It has some built in bling.  It’s unstructured and kind of flows over the body in a rather flattering manner.   I wore it to work today.  Unfortunately I also wore it while cooking dinner on my glass top stove. That’s where the unstructured, flowy-ish nature of the top went from being an asset to being downright hazardous.  



The problem arose when a hot pan (containing stir-fried turkey) was moved off the burner to another part of the stove.  After messing around for a minute with the rice and vegetables  on the counter,  I looked back at the stove and noticed some goop on the burner.  “Now what in the world is that?” I wondered.  “Was something stuck on the bottom of the pan that I didn’t see until it was moved?”  All of a sudden, I knew.  That wasn’t  smeared food on that burner—that was a chunk of my shirt!  And sure enough, when I looked down at my lovely flowing top, a 3” by 4” hole met my eyes. 



Rats!  Hopefully some creative cutting and sewing will enable the shirt to be salvaged.  (Or it will sit unaltered in the sewing room until it finally gets thrown away.)  Bummer.
 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! so it burned a hole in the shirt but you didn't feel a thing.
    And yeah, I know what you mean about stuff sitting there until they get thrown away.

    ReplyDelete