Friday, September 2, 2011

My New Bling

What a great day!  I took a bike ride this morning.  The sky was blue.  The air was fresh and cool.  It felt good to know I was burning calories like crazy and enjoying myself at the same time!  Upstate New York is pretty beautiful in the summer—there’s no question about it.   A man was opening his garage sale, so I stopped to ask a question about the recent flooding caused by Hurricane Irene, and ended up buying a ridiculous piece of “bling” that I’ll probably never wear, but that I liked.  (Always carry money with you when you ride.  You never know what you’ll happen upon that you desperately need.)  I don’t know what it is about being on a bike on a beautiful day, but it’s just heavenly.  It leaves you feeling so happy and relaxed.  The feeling has lasted the whole day.  
 (Of course, the afternoon nap might have helped a little too….)  

Here’s my fancy new necklace! 


Don't be jealous--I'm sure there are garage sales in your area too! 

2 comments:

  1. Did you wear that necklace home from your bike ride?
    I would have liked to see you looking so fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Wish I would have thought of it. It would have shown up nicely against my black gym shirt! On the other hand, motorists might have been blinded by the crazy shine--I would hate to be the cause of an accident....

    ReplyDelete